Welcome!

This page is designed to take over my current portfolio, as well as a place to dump all my works in progress. If you'd like to see my work, go to the Portfolio Page.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hwi Noree update 2

Another update on Hwi Noree, I changed the spotlight effect and made the lighting less cartoony on Hwi. Still don't know what I'm doing with the background quite yet, but I definitely want to imply some sort of large space. i introduced some cooler colors with the pillows and the shadows because it definitely needed some. Next I'm gonna block in the background and work on the foreground elements. critiques, suggestions welcome.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think reinforcing Leto's side would help a lot. while keeping Hwi the focus, since you have him mostly balanced out on his side, it's hurting him as he's such a strong compositional element. Can't wait till you give him that awesome sand-trout texture to his scales...

Unknown said...

I think it might have been the removal of the light shaft that balanced the piece out again, and that's what I'm seeing... perhaps I just miss it... god rays in with the god emperor... lol

Marcin said...

When I think about the relationship Hwi and Leto it while reading books I had the impression that they keep talking Leto is much smaller ... but when I look at your interpretations realizes that this car for god emperor was for somting ... I miss the enormity of the god emperor as a brood