Welcome!

This page is designed to take over my current portfolio, as well as a place to dump all my works in progress. If you'd like to see my work, go to the Portfolio Page.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lunch Time Sketch: Steersman

Luuuuunch. I've shown concepts of how I'd like to design the steersman, but I don't think I've ever shown how I'd like them lit. I want to evoke something both horrifying and fragile about them, like a mutant test-tube baby. As characters in the Dune novels, the steersman are often greedy, weak creatures, so I wanted to show that he would be just as reserved about meeting you as you would be to meeting him. Alright, back to work.

1 comment:

Sythlordian said...

I totally love how you can see through the thin skin layer under his arms and how it's a transparent red! Good work once again Devon!